Visitors Visiting

Thursday, April 09, 2015

Savage Turns Sweet

I drove a bus several years ago. I picked up many kids from trailer houses and low income apartments. One girl came with her friends. Her name was Jose Savage, a Native American. Jose was a very angry young girl. She didn't like people and I'm sure she didn't like herself.

Last Wednesday night I had the opportunity to talk to Jose. She attended my financial class at church. She told me that she was in a foster home at the time I picked her up for Whiz Kids on the bus.

"Those foster parents continually told me I was going to hell." Josie also told me how she went through a very tough time after leaving the foster home and getting married. During that rough time another bus mom recommended that she go to church. Jose did that this past Sunday. She's so happy now and sweet.

2 comments:

Jason E. Fort said...

I love running into people who were kids when I first encountered them, and seeing how their lives have changed. Glad to see Jose's life changed for the better. Thanks for sharing.

Randy said...

I ran a bus for the church for close to 12 years. I have run into so many kids that are now adults. One particular rider came to me last summer and told me as an adult he just turned his life over to Jesus. He died the next month. Yes, you are right - it's great running into them again and then again in heaven.